Weekly links to relevant blog posts, news articles and anything else that catches my attention.
I like to scour the internet for content that I can learn from, even if it is just how to construct a well-written press release. This weeks theme is PR for Dummies.
- PR For Dummies: Use Social Media (Duh)
- Why You Need A PR Strategy You know, in case you needed a little refresher.
- Recently, I’ve noticed bloggers, agencies and news outlets recommending that clients nix traditional forms of media and start a blog. Here’s an article to get started: 10 WordPress Tips for Clients. These tips will seem obvious if you’re already using the platform.
- If you are not already, you should be using Twitter to build relationships and monitor your reputation. (They’re going to talk about you whether you are on Twitter or not, so why not be there to respond and engage?) Learn how to tell your story on Twitter in 140 characters: PR Pros’ Storytelling Skills the Secret Weapon to Proving Value of Social Media
- Question of the day: How to reach a seemingly disengaged population of young Americans? Land of the free, home of the uninformed. Is anyone paying attention to the news anymore?
- Is branding irrelevant? What do you think?
- Public Relations and Your Brand: People pay attention to the message, then who it is from. (Resonance is key.)
Share your thoughts on these articles or add your own.
Follow me on Twitter @AESmith03